Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Being sick sucks

It was a valiant fight, I think.

For a week and a half I held at bay the cold that had reduced my husband to coughs and sneezes.

I would come home from the Y to the wistful sighs, "I wish I could have worked out today...", happy that I hadn't yet been brought down.

Yet.

The three hour nap that I took after Saturday's swim really should have been my first clue. Sure, it had been a long week with a couple of late nights, but not enough to knock me for such a loop.

Sunday morning I could feel it building in my chest. I woke in the middle of the night Sunday and knew that it was all over. I was going down for the count.

Now I can only hope that I'm well enough to make it to the pool for the last swim of the session on Saturday.

Here's to hoping...


~ "I had to pick myself up and get on with it, do it all over again, only even better this time." Sam Walton

No comments: