Friday, April 16, 2010

Calm, cool, confident.... and a little bit panicky

TOSRV is a little less than a month away and I have yet to ride more than 20 miles in a single day. Much less than the 100 miles required.

I haven't ridden in two weeks for various reasons. One of which is the wedding cake I just finished delivering and setting up.

Which brings us back to the confidence that I am trying very hard to exude in an attempt to cover the panic that's simmering just below the surface.

Tomorrow, at my request, my husband and possibly some friends will bike to the Y for the usual Saturday swim, followed by a ride to the Amana Colonies.
Potentially 60 miles round trip.

I haven't looked at the forecast because I don't want to know anymore than it's going to hit the low 60s and be sunny. But right now gale force winds are bowing the prairie grass to the ground, making me a little concerned about my bright idea.

Here's hoping for a calm ride.

No comments: